Student Applications are now open
Posted on March 14, 2018 by Jasper Van der Jeugt & George Wilson (permalink)
As we’ve previously announced through different channels, Haskell.org was accepted into Google Summer of Code 2018.
Students application have now opened. Students can submit their proposal at the Summer of Code Dashboard. The deadline for submissions is the 27th of March.
We are also seeking mentors for possible projects. This year, we would like to assign a back-up mentor for each student. If you are interested in mentoring, please contact us so we can add you to the mentor list directly. Having good mentors is an important factor in making the students feel welcome and guiding them to a succesful completion of their projects.
If you would like to apply but you don’t know how to start your proposal, have a look at our ideas list and this great guide.
Lastly, we recognize that inclusion is an important part of our mission to promote Haskell. Therefore, we strongly encourage applications from people in communities that are underrepresented in functional programming, including but not limited to women; people of color; people in gender, sexual and romantic minorities; people with disabilities; people residing in Asia, Africa, or Latin America; and people who have never taken part in similar programs before.
- October 12, 2020 - Haskell.org GSoC results for 2020
- January 12, 2020 - Call for Ideas for 2020
- January 10, 2020 - Haskell.org GSoC results for 2019
- August 26, 2019 - Student Blog: Results for Bipartite Graphs Project
- July 26, 2019 - Student Blog: Testing Bipartiteness with Monad Transformers
- May 29, 2019 - Student Blog: Introducing Bipartite Graphs in Alga
- February 26, 2019 - Haskell.Org Participating in GSoC 2019
- December 28, 2018 - Call for Ideas for 2019
- September 1, 2018 - Haskell.org GSoC results for 2018
- April 23, 2018 - Accepted projects for 2018
- March 14, 2018 - Student Applications are now open
- December 25, 2017 - Call for Ideas for 2018
- September 15, 2017 - Final results for 2017
- August 4, 2017 - Midterm update for 2017
- May 24, 2017 - Accepted projects for 2017
- April 25, 2017 - Student Applications are now open
- April 5, 2017 - Getting ready for Summer of Haskell 2017
- February 28, 2017 - Summer of Haskell 2017 Announcement
- December 8, 2016 - Summer of Haskell 2016 Wrap-Up
An RSS feed is also available.