Student Applications are now open
Posted on April 25, 2017 by Niki Vazou & Jasper Van der Jeugt (permalink)
We are now happy to announce that we have opened student applications for Summer of Haskell 2017. You can apply at:
The application period is open until the 6th of May, so that should give you plenty of time.
At this time, we are also actively seeking mentors. In case you would like to mentor a project, please let us know:
Thanks to the generous donations of our sponsors, we will be able to sponsor around 10 students this year (depending on the applications we receive).
Our sponsors are:
Asahi Net is a Japanese Internet service provider that has been running stable systems for over 25 years. They are a proud sponsor of the Summer of Haskell, and contribute to the Japanese Haskell community.
Awake Networks is building a next generation network security and analytics platform. They are a proud sponsor of the Summer of Haskell and contribute broadly to the Haskell community.
CodeWorld is an educational project that blends mathematics and Haskell programming into a visual playground. Chris Smith has volunteered to fund two students to work on CodeWorld in particular.
Digital Asset provides Distributed Ledger solutions for financial institutions globally. They have developed a pure, typed, functional, domain specific language for writing contracts, called DAML. They are a proud sponsor of the Summer of Haskell and contribute broadly to the Haskell community.
Facebook uses Haskell in its anti-abuse infrastructure, and as part of that effort we open-sourced the Haxl framework which is being used at scale in production to automatically parallelise data-fetching code. We’re delighted to be able to support the Haskell community’s efforts by sponsoring a student for this year’s Summer of Haskell.
Fugue Inc. radically simplifies cloud operations with its software-defined system for dynamically orchestrating and enforcing cloud infrastructure at scale. Fugue uses Haskell in its product and is proud to sponsor a student to improve the ecosystem.
Galois applies cutting-edge computer science and applied mathematics to solve difficult technological problems, delivering practical solutions tailored to our clients’ needs. Haskell and other functional programming languages are key tools we use in providing these solutions.
IOHK is a technology company committed to using peer-to-peer technologies to provide financial services to the three billion people who don’t have them. We implement our first-principles cryptographic research in Haskell and we are committed to the development of the Haskell ecosystem.
Tweag I/O is a network of software innovation labs across Europe. We develop novel solutions and products for our clients around the world. Haskell is key to delivering fast, correct and maintainable code. We have shipped Haskell in anything from tiny web services to large high-performance compute clusters with custom hardware. We’re particularly keen to help the community grow Haskell into the strongest systems programming language and ecosystem out there. We’re very proud to sponsor a student this summer to help make it happen.
Davean has volunteered to fund a student expressly to work on the Hadrian build system for GHC.
- October 12, 2020 - Haskell.org GSoC results for 2020
- January 12, 2020 - Call for Ideas for 2020
- January 10, 2020 - Haskell.org GSoC results for 2019
- August 26, 2019 - Student Blog: Results for Bipartite Graphs Project
- July 26, 2019 - Student Blog: Testing Bipartiteness with Monad Transformers
- May 29, 2019 - Student Blog: Introducing Bipartite Graphs in Alga
- February 26, 2019 - Haskell.Org Participating in GSoC 2019
- December 28, 2018 - Call for Ideas for 2019
- September 1, 2018 - Haskell.org GSoC results for 2018
- April 23, 2018 - Accepted projects for 2018
- March 14, 2018 - Student Applications are now open
- December 25, 2017 - Call for Ideas for 2018
- September 15, 2017 - Final results for 2017
- August 4, 2017 - Midterm update for 2017
- May 24, 2017 - Accepted projects for 2017
- April 25, 2017 - Student Applications are now open
- April 5, 2017 - Getting ready for Summer of Haskell 2017
- February 28, 2017 - Summer of Haskell 2017 Announcement
- December 8, 2016 - Summer of Haskell 2016 Wrap-Up
An RSS feed is also available.